It is not everyday one received an award or applause for your writing. Today upon opening my comments page there it was – and you know I have been raised to always be grateful for a gift and to accept compliments graciously.
So to Sherri from A view from my Summerhouse – thank you for awarding my blog, but a humble little blog in the midst of this enormous WordPress community of incredible talent. I know it all sounds a little mushy but you know sometimes I am a bit of a mushy emotional mousse – it is part of this character that makes me ‘Mich’.
Now I know many bloggers don’t accept these awards and that is absolutely an individual decision…but I will award where I feel it belongs today and it is not given light;y. These bloggers are talented and committed to their craft.
But before we go there…
So let’s go! Here are the rules:
~ ~The Rules ~ ~
- Provide a link to and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer ten questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
~~Ten questions to be answered~~
- Your favourite colour …. that’s a tough one but if I had to go with one I will say blue
- Your favourite animal … my Jack Russel, Waffles, he is so adorable!
- Your favourite non-alcoholic drink …. coffee – of course!
- Facebook or Twitter ….. Facebook – blasted thing that I can help but click and check on everyone… thank goodness I am no longer hooked to Farmville!
- Your favourite pattern ….. Stripes
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Definitely giving – I love to wrap the gifts up and see the recipients face (so far only happy faces…)
- Your favourite number … 2 – it’s all about balance for me
- Your favourite day of the week … Saturday – the sabbath and it means no work, no stress – family time and often a pajama day!
- Your favourite flower …. tulips and Gerbera daisies
- What is your passion? …..my faith…it makes me who I am, then people and upliftment and gosh of course my family and writing and…whoops I have many passions…and need more time!
So that’s a little about me – I am who I am…
And now to shout out to those writer’s who make me smile and frown, think and laugh and more – you write because you are inspired and so inspire those who read your thoughts on virtual paper. Okay so straight off they are not all sisters (sorry gals I could not ignore the brothers among us) and there are not 10 – trust me to break the rules hey!
- Susan from Susan Irene Fox – an encouraging and inspirational writer
- Belinda from Idiot Writing – nothing idiotic about her blog I might say
- Navigator from The Mirror – real writing, incredible prose – brilliant commentator lol
- Evan from The Better Man Project – need I say more?
- Vic from Vic Brigs – authentic writing at it’s best
- Mick from meticulousmick – an amazing photographer – just go and look
- Chris Martin from Chris Martin Writes – a man with soul and food for though
- Karen from Rhythms of Grace – good life lessons we should all think about
- Finn from the Fortunate Artist – he designs stories from one photograph – so clever!
and that’s it …these awards are great but shew they take some time putting together.
Thanks again Sherri and to those who I did not get to mention – just keep on bloggin!